WANTED: MENTORS FOR PER SCHOLAS IT CAREER PATHWAYS FOR YOUTH
What is the IT Career Pathways Program?
- The IT Career Pathways Program focuses on leadership and career exploration opportunities in the IT field for high school students in the 11th and 12th grades.
- The program is a two year commitment where after-school workshops are held every two weeks during the school year
- Students receive IT job training, certification preparation in CompTIA’s STRATA IT Fundamentals and IT Customer Service, and professional soft skills coaching
- More details on the program can be found here.
What will you do?
- Mentors will assist students on a monthly basis on his/her professional development enabling them to be career and college ready
- Mentors will be able to spend at least 1 -2 hours monthly with students discussing career exploration and leadership; minimum engagement being 1 phone call and 1 office visit per month with the student.
- Students will get the opportunity to speak with and interact with mentors on a professional level
- Students will have the opportunity to receive hands-on, on the job interaction with mentors
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Preferably apart of the Business Community
- Preferred Professionals in the Information Technology Field
- Must attend orientation and training. The next orientation and training are tentatively scheduled for November 7th and 8th. Your date will depend on the school assigned.
Apply now to become a Mentor! Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your statement of interest and ability to commit to the listed criteria.