Per Scholas Diverse by Design Hosts Unlocking Potential Summer Concert and Spoken Word Celebration
On July 20, Per Scholas Diverse by Design hosted our first-ever Unlocking Potential Summer Concert and Spoken Word Celebration. This hybrid event, produced live from Per Scholas New York and Per Scholas North Carolina and streamed at PerScholas.org/Concert, brought together Per Scholas staff, learners, alumni, partners, advisory board members, and more to rally around our mission to unlocking potential.
This inspiring event featured talented musicians and poets who work, learn, and partner with Per Scholas, including:
- Deji Adefuye, Per Scholas Dallas Teaching Fellow, who premiered two original songs titled Persevere and You Believe In You
- Melodie Rodgers, Per Scholas Manager of Career Advancement, sharing her original poem, Unlock Your Potential
- Zaidi Howard, Per Scholas Chicago Teaching Fellow, sharing his original poem, Soul Questions
- Caprice Green, Per Scholas Detroit Alumna, performing Astonishing from Little Women
- Mike Terrell, Per Scholas North Carolina Managing Director, performing Tears for Fears’ Everybody Wants to Rule the World
- Omoanatse McCarther, Per Scholas Diverse by Design Senior Director, sharing her original poem, Forged Key
- Broadway Star Tim Connell, performing Corner of the Sky from Pippin
- Nonprofit Consultant and Leadership Coach Saundra Thomas, performing her original poem, Silver Linings
Hosted by Executive Vice President for Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Belonging, and Culture Ken Walker, viewers had the opportunity to hear from our EVP of People Montreece Smith, Regional Senior Vice Presidents Noah Mitchell, Jaclyn Boyes, and Robin Nadeau, as well as President and CEO Plinio Ayala. Chief Development Officer Caitlyn Brazill delivered remarks live from the Bronx and introduced the final performances.
Scores of Per Scholians came together for this exciting event; many thanks to Per Scholas Columbus, Per Scholas Dallas, Per Scholas New York Bronx, and Per Scholas North Carolina for hosting on-campus viewing parties.
In closing, the event showcased just a handful of our brilliant Per Scholas alumni, which you can watch here. If you missed the Unlocking Potential Summer Concert and Spoken Word Celebration, you can watch the recording here! If you feel inspired and want to help unlock potential, please give at perscholas.org/donate.
Sign up for our Monthly Impact Report
Your support makes a powerful difference in our ability to build a technology talent training solution that creates greater access and equity.