Wed, Jul 15, 2015
Per Scholas hosts second annual Women in Tech Networking event at Thomson Reuters
On July 14, Per Scholas held its annual Women in Tech Networking Event where we celebrated Per Scholas’ women grads who are diversifying the industry. Our friends, colleagues, partners alums and students joined us in our commitment to build a welcoming community for every woman technologist in New York City and beyond.
At the event, guests heard from inspiring women technologists about how they are touching the lives of other women all over New York City and beyond.
Vice President of Program Operations, Kelly Richardson, rocked it on the mic as the emcee. Special shout out to CA Technologies for sponsoring, to Kate Spade & Company Foundation and the New York Women’s Foundation for their generous support of the program, and to our host Thomson Reuters.Thanks to our panelists:Lisa Edwards, Per Scholas grad & Analyst at Barclays; Joyce Shen of Thomson Reuters; and Marianne Cocco of CA Technologies.
Per Scholas has committed to train 1,000 women for careers in technology by 2018. Since the launch of our Women in Tech program in 2013, 425 women have already graduated from Per Scholas, 89% of whom are women of color.
As our Women in Tech grads diversify the tech industry, the support helps provide the welcoming community they and every woman technologist needs as — together — we work to transform NYC’s vibrant tech ecosystem.
Here’s how you can get involved:
- Make an Investment and donate to our 1,000 WOMEN IN TECH summer campaign. (Or, encourage a friend to donate!). Every dollar supports our shared commitment to diversifying the tech industry.
- Volunteer to work with students on their path to a career in tech. Contact Sarah for opportunities.
- Mentor a future woman technologist. Per Scholas is actively recruiting mentors from the technology field to encourage and advise Women in Tech students with the goal of helping them transition into the IT workforce. Contact Sarah for opportunities.
- Hire a graduate. Pass this email along to your HR department or other key players, or contact Sarah for more information.
- Spread the word. Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter to keep up with the feel good news. Forward this message to friends and family to share our inspiring work with more.
Have a direct impact on changing a person’s life. Invest in a Per Scholas student today.DONATE NOW