The Per Scholas IT Ready course prepares driven individuals for the CompTIA A+ and Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) certifications through a 15 week, full-time technical training course. This training is available in Brooklyn and the Bronx. The training is 100% free to participants thanks to the generous support of private and corporate funders.
Our approach tailors job training and development to fill the well-paying, skilled roles that actually exist in the local workforce. The A+ and MCTS training is designed to provide successful candidates with knowledge and skills required to understand and implement configuration and troubleshooting of desktop, laptops, portables, printers and network devices. Students also receive one day of Career Development for 12 of the 15 weeks readying them for the professional workforce. All program graduates receive job placement assistance for up-to two years following graduation resulting in more than 80-percent of graduates landing jobs, several of which are through our employer partners. Read about successful Per Scholas students in Student of the Month.
MORE ABOUT THIS TRAINING
- 15 week IT Ready Syllabus
- Career Development Syllabus
- Job Placement Services
- CompTIA A+
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS)
- Classes are Monday – Friday, 8:30 – 3:30, 9:00 – 4:00, or 9:30 – 4:30. There are no evening or weekend courses.
- Bronx: New classes begin every 2-4 weeks on a rolling basis. Interested candidates are encouraged to attend an information session (see below) at your earliest convenience.
- Brooklyn: We are currently enrolling for the Spring 2013 class for our brand new Brooklyn location (111 Livingston Street). Interested candidates are encouraged to attend an information session (see below) immediately as the class is filling up quickly. The next available class will begin Fall 2013.
- Information Sessions for prospective students are Monday – Friday every week, 9:00 AM, at our Bronx location only (804 East 138th Street, Bronx, NY). No appointment is necessary. Just show up and please be on time.
To see if you are eligible for admission, answer the following questions:
- Are you 18 years of age or older?
- Do you have a high school diploma or GED?
- Do you live in New York City?
- Are you a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, or if not one of these, do you have authorization to work in the U.S.?
- Are you available for all-day training sessions for the length of the program (15-20 weeks, hours 9:00 – 4:00)?
- Are you unemployed or under-employed (work only part-time or in a low wage job)? -OR - Do you receive any public benefits such as food stamps, Medicaid, temporary income support or public housing?
- Are you interested in obtaining professional IT skills and employment?
If you answered yes to all questions:
Congratulations! Based on your responses, you meet the basic eligibility requirements to apply for training. Please attend an information session to learn more. Information sessions are Monday – Friday every week, 9:00 AM, at Per Scholas (804 East 138th Street, Bronx, NY). All applicants are required to take a TABE test (Test of Adult Basic Education) at the information session. We strongly encourage applicants to prepare in advance. Find prep materials here. Read more about the application process or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any unanswered questions.
We are sorry, but based on your responses, you do not qualify for admission to Per Scholas at this time. You may be able to apply in the future. Please contact us if you need assistance or further information to work toward qualifying.
We invite you to explore our other course offerings to find the right fit for you. Visit our Women in Tech Program, Networking Professionals course, IT Career Pathways for high school youth, or operations in Columbus, OH. For more details go to FAQ for loads of information. Email email@example.com for any unanswered questions.