ComSpark Announces Per Sholas Cincinnati as 2018 Nonprofit Tech Talent Partner
ComSpark Announces Per Sholas as 2018 Nonprofit Tech Talent Partner
For Immediate Release: 06.04.2018
Jacob McIntosh, Manager, Marketing and Events
[email protected] 978 578 6821
CINCINNATI – ComSpark, the leading news and online hub celebrating the people and innovations driving Cincinnati’s growing technology community, is thrilled to introduce Per Scholas as its 2018 Nonprofit Tech Talent partner.
Per Scholas is a national nonprofit that provides rigorous and tuition-free technology training, and professional development for overlooked communities in Cincinnati and Columbus, Ohio as well as Atlanta, Dallas, the National Capital Region and New York. The organization works closely alongside employer networks to develop informed curriculum designed for jobs that are available today and support graduates to find fulfilling careers.
ComSpark has built a strong network of technology leaders in Cincinnati. This network celebrates people with a passion for technology and innovation. Per Scholas will provide a direct link to the growing local talent pool that is trained with these employers in-mind.
Recruiting premier talent has been a significant challenge for IT employers, especially considering the growing skills gap in the job market. By recognizing Per Scholas as the Nonprofit Tech Talent Partner, ComSpark plans to strengthen employer connections to a leading talent provider and support a community resource that provides fulfilling careers to individuals and their families.
“Cincinnati’s growing technology community is looking everywhere for well-trained, local talent” says Paul Cashen, Managing Director of Per Scholas Cincinnati and a member of the ComSpark host committee. “We are excited to solidify a partnership that will allow us to better source well-trained and educated workers into full-time positions in the industry. A good job for our graduates means good business for employers.”
About Per Scholas
Per Scholas is a national nonprofit that drives positive and proven social change in communities across the country. Through rigorous and tuition-free technology training and professional development, we prepare motivated and curious adults who are unemployed or underemployed for successful careers as IT professionals, and we create onramps to businesses in need of their talents. Today we provide our solutions in six cities across the country: Atlanta, Greater Cincinnati, Columbus, Ohio; Dallas, the National Capital Region and New York. To date, Per Scholas has trained 7,000 individuals, helping them build lasting, life-changing skills and careers in technology. To learn more, visit www.perscholas.org.
ComSpark.tech’s mission is to celebrate the people and innovations driving the growing tech community. As the community’s online home and information hub, we strive to:
- Champion the value of community for people with a passion for technology and innovation, giving them an online stage where they can share ideas and foster inspiration.
- Serve as the primary daily news source and voice for the tech and innovation sector throughout the business week, offering an online newsletter subscription for additional pertinent information.
- Celebrate success and accomplishment and promote personal growth and development by highlighting thought leaders, employee promotions, product roll outs and positive news about the tech and innovation community.
- Enhance networking and relationships through special ongoing networking events, leadership award programs and other community recognitions, fostering a deeper sense of esprit de corps.
- Provide the primary tool to mobilize tech enthusiasts with continuing updates pertaining to the annual, two-day ComSpark Tech and Innovation Summit, which celebrates the technology revolution and champions the tech and innovation ecosystem.
ComSpark.tech is a media property of LEAD Tribune Media Group, a privately held company based in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Sign up for our Monthly Impact Report
Your support makes a powerful difference in our ability to build a technology talent training solution that creates greater access and equity.