Per Scholas IT Ready Advanced prepares driven individuals for the CompTIA A+ certification through an intensive 8-week, full-time technical training course. This training is meant for intermediate-level candidates who are committed to advancing in a career in IT support. The training is 100% free to participants thanks to the generous support of private and corporate funders.
The 8-week A+ training is a fast-paced course designed for candidates with extensive self-taught knowledge of computers and/or prior technical job experience. The course provides successful candidates with knowledge and skills required to understand and implement configuration and troubleshooting of desktop, laptops, portables, printers and network devices. Students also receive one day of Career Development each of the 8 weeks readying them for the professional workforce. All program graduates receive job placement assistance for up-to two years following graduation resulting in more than 80 percent of graduates landing jobs, several of which are through our employer partners.
For graduates interested in narrowing their focus to customer service, we offer an additional week of call center training to qualify and compete for roles in local employer help desk call centers. The added elective is in addition to the 8-week training and not mandatory, but enhances the employability of our graduates.
All graduates of Per Scholas Columbus can earn two additional certifications, the Network+ and Security+, in an online, self-paced format. These advanced certifications are free thanks to the generous support of the Creating IT Futures Foundation.
Read about successful Per Scholas students in Student of the Month to gain a first-hand perspective.
MORE ABOUT THIS TRAINING
- 8-week IT Ready Syllabus
- 8-week Career Development Syllabus
- Job Placement Services
- CompTIA A+ Overview
- The next course will begin May 2013. Applications are being accepted now.
- Classes are Monday – Friday, 9:00 – 4:00. Attendance is mandatory. Failure to commit to the class schedule will result in termination from the program.
- There are no evening or weekend courses at this time.
To see if you are eligible for admission, answer the following questions:
- Do you live in the Columbus area?
- Are you 18 or older?
- Do you have a high school diploma or GED?
- Are you a U.S. citizen or legally authorized to work in the U.S.?
- Are you unemployed or under-employed, or can you demonstrate financial need?
- Are you able to commit to training Monday – Friday from 8am – 5pm for the length of the program?
- Do you have access to a computer with Internet connection at home?
- Are you committed to obtaining professional IT skills and future employment?
- Are you familiar with computer hardware and computer operating systems?
If you answered yes to all questions:
Congratulations! The next step is to complete this application. If your application qualifies you to advance, a member from the staff will contact you directly to set-up an in-person interview. You will be required to take the Test for Adult Basic Education (TABE) exam to gauge your competency in math and reading. A score of a 10 or higher is required for enrollment and we encourage you to prep in advance (because, let’s be honest, it’s hard for some of us to remember everything we learned in high school).
We are sorry, but based on your responses, you do not qualify for admission to Per Scholas at this time. You may be able to apply in the future. Please contact us if you need assistance or further information to work toward qualifying.
We invite you to explore our other course offerings to find the right fit for you. Visit our 12-week IT Ready course for beginners or courses offered in our other city locations. For more details go to FAQ for loads of information or return to the Columbus homepage. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for any unanswered questions.