About the partnership
Capital One has supported Per Scholas since 2011, initially powering our work in New York and then helping to expand to Dallas and the National Capital Region. With investments from Capital One, Per Scholas:
- Launched and evolved Per Scholas’ cybersecurity training in NCR;
- Trained 323 students in NCR, placed (74/88) 84%, with an average initial placement wage of $26/hour or more than $54,000/year for cybersecurity students.
- Trained 3,562 students in New York, 85% graduated and nearly 80% have been placed to date earning an average starting salary of $37k
- Trained 925 students in Dallas, 85% graduated and nearly 80% have been placed to date earning an average starting salary of $45k
- Though Capital One’s hands-on, impact-driven investment approach, Per Scholas students and staff have benefited from hundreds of hours of pro bono assistance – from advising on curriculum development to marketing strategy or giving our student real-time feedback through mock interviews. To date, 95 Capital One employees have donated more than 350 combined volunteer hours nationally.
Capital One in News and Events
Are you ready to partner with Per Scholas?
Hire a graduate, customize a course, volunteer, or invest in Per Scholas. Get in touch with a team member and become a Per Scholas Partner.