About the partnership
Capital One has supported Per Scholas since 2011, initially powering our work in New York and then helping to expand to Dallas and the National Capital Region (NCR). Strong investments from Capital One have enabled Per Scholas to:
- Launch and evolve Per Scholas’ cybersecurity training in NCR, where we have trained over 1,500 learners to date
- Pilot a new Women in Tech Software Engineering course designed to create new pathways through an apprenticeship model
- Train more than 6,000 learners in New York, with 84% graduating and alumni earning an average starting salary of more than $40k/year
- Train over 1,600 learners in Dallas since 2015, with an 86% graduation rate and graduates earning a starting salary of nearly $44k/year
- Create a powerful network of alumni at Capital One, which has hired more than 35 of our graduates
- Foster a national dialogue about increasing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech workforce through the support of our Diverse by Design conversation series
- Through Capital One’s hands-on, impact-driven investment approach, Per Scholas learners and staff have benefited from hundreds of hours of pro bono assistance—from advising on curriculum development to marketing strategy to giving our learners real-time feedback through mock interviews. To date, more than 500 Capital One employees have donated more than 1,400 combined volunteer hours nationally.
Capital One in News and Events
Are you ready to partner with Per Scholas?
Hire a graduate, customize a course, volunteer, or invest in Per Scholas. Get in touch with a team member and become a Per Scholas Partner.