About the partnership
Capital One has supported Per Scholas since 2011, initially powering our work in New York and then helping to expand to Dallas and the National Capital Region (NCR). These investments from Capital One have enabled Per Scholas to:
- Launch and evolve Per Scholas’ cybersecurity training in NCR, where we have trained over 1,000 learners with an 84% graduation rate, an 83% job attainment rate, and an average initial salary of $47k/year
- Pilot a new Women in Tech Software Engineering course designed to create new pathways through an apprenticeship model
- Train more than 4,200 learners in New York, with 83.5% graduating and alumni earning an average starting salary of more than $40k/year
- Train over 1,000 learners in Dallas since 2015, with an 86% graduation rate and graduates earning a starting salary of nearly $44k/year
- Hiring 35+ grads, creating a powerful network of alumni at Capital One
- Through Capital One’s hands-on, impact-driven investment approach, Per Scholas learners and staff have benefited from hundreds of hours of pro bono assistance – from advising on curriculum development to marketing strategy to giving our learners real-time feedback through mock interviews. To date, more than 100 Capital One employees have donated more than 900 combined volunteer hours nationally.
- Foster a national dialogue about increasing diversity, equity and inclusion in the tech workforce through the support of our Diverse by Design conversation series
Capital One in News and Events
Are you ready to partner with Per Scholas?
Hire a graduate, customize a course, volunteer, or invest in Per Scholas. Get in touch with a team member and become a Per Scholas Partner.