About the partnership
Google’s partnership has been instrumental in helping learners acquire the skills and industry credentials to launch thriving careers in technology. Google’s investments have made it possible for Per Scholas to:
- Support more than 2,000 learners across the country since 2017 with training and coursework to earn an IT Support Professional Certificate from Google, resulting in 1,540 new jobs at an average wage of $24.63, generating more than $79M in new earnings annually
- Advance alumni engagement and upskilling by supporting a new initiative to enroll Per Scholas alumni from across the country in Google’s online IT Automation with Python Professional Certificate course, providing mentorship and professional networking opportunities with Google employees
- Connect our learners and alumni to mentorship and professional networking opportunities with Google employees
- Advance Black Equity in Tech by providing state-of-the-art skilling opportunities to 3,000 Per Scholas learners through Google Career Certificates—including IT Support Professional, Data Analytics, Project Management, and User Experience (UX) Design—which we expect to yield more than $89M in first-year wages for new Black technologists
- Foster a national dialogue about increasing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech workforce by sponsoring and helping to lead our Diverse by Design tech workforce DEIB campaign in partnership with other major employers, and with the vital participation of The Black Googler Network.
- Present events across the U.S., where Google served as host
- Utilize marketing and recruitment support with Google Adwords, and save nearly $100k in technology costs with Google Workspace for Nonprofits
Google in News and Events
Are you ready to partner with Per Scholas?
Hire a graduate, customize a course, volunteer, or invest in Per Scholas. Get in touch with a team member and become a Per Scholas Partner.